Green Mango Chutney is also known as Kachhe Aam Aur Pudine ki Chutney, Ambuli Chutney, Amiya Chutney, Kancha Aamer Chutney, Kachchi Kairi Chutney. It is a healthy and tangy North Indian chutney made by using raw mango, fresh coriander, and mint leaves. It goes perfectly with Indian snacks and meals.
The mango gives this mint chutney a nice contrast to the pungent long green chilies due to mango’s typical tropical flavor and sweetness.
During the mango season in India, raw mangoes are made into sweet or savory preserves. This recipe is from the northern part of India and is eaten as a snack with savory crackers called puris. It will simply refresh your taste buds in summer. It is probably one of the most famous chutneys in north India.
Mango is rich in vitamin A and vitamin E that enhances one’s hormonal system. It prevents dehydration; raw mango replenishes the reserves of sodium chloride. It also cures stomach disorders such as constipation, bloating, indigestion, and diarrhea, and other problems during summer.
Best Summer chutney which you can enjoy with all kinds of snacks such as samosas, bhajias, kebabs, frankies, roti, paratha, dal-rice, and also as a side dish. In short its one chutney many uses. The refreshing and yummy taste of this chutney is just amazing. The chutney keeps for up to a week if covered and in a refrigerator.
You may also try other similar recipes as:
- Sweet & Sour Mango Chutney
- Coriander Tomato Chutney
- Mango Ice Cream
- Mango Shrikhand
- Mango Mastani
- Aam papad
- Punjabi Mango Pickle
Preparation Time: 5minutes ∏ Cooking Time: N/A ∏ Servings: 4-5
Level: Beginners (Easy) ∏ Measurement: 1 Cup ≡ 250 ml ≡ 250gm
How to make Green Mango Chutney:
Step1: Trim the top and after peeling off the skin mangoes should be chopped, remove the hard part of mango (pit). Clean coriander and mint leaves and remove the hard stems. In a blending jar add mango cubes, coriander leaves, green chili, ginger, garlic, cumin powder, chaat masala, black salt, and regular salt as per taste.
Step2: Add fresh mint leaves and 2 tablespoons of water.
Step3: Now blend it till smooth paste. Add more water if required. Check and adjust salt (while adding salt keep in mind that black salt and chaat masala also has salt in it, so add salt accordingly).
Step4: Green Mango Chutney is ready. Transfer the chutney in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Watch this video for making Green Mango Chutney
- If the raw mango is not enough sour then you may add some lemon juice to make this chutney tangier.
- While adding salt keep in mind that black salt and chaat masala also has salt in it, so add salt accordingly
- Don not through the hard part of mango (pit or seed), use it in toor dal to make it more tastier.
- Mix raw mango chutney with thick yogurt/curd to make a dip and serve it with snacks.
- You can add or reduce spice level as per your choice.
- If you want thin chutney then you can add more 2-3 tbsp water while blending.
- If you are going to use cumin seeds, roast the seed in a pan for a few minutes and then grind it to powder. Roasting will give the best flavor to the cumin.