Kurkuri Bhindi is a crispy, tangy ad spicy starter or appetizer which goes very well with tea. This version of Crispy Kurkuri Bhindi is cooked in the Air-fryer, they turn out fantastic! The best part is that you don’t even need to deep fry to make these. They turn out just as good in the air-fryer. You may also serve this as a side dish, sometimes I prepare Kurkuri Bhindi to go with dal and rice.
I do remember when I was a kid, bhindi was my favorite vegetable and my brother didn’t like it. I still remember his weird expressions when my mom prepared the lunch box for us. At that time Bhindi Fry and bharwa bhindi were the two most common recipes which my mom use to make out of okra/bhindi. I guess the slimy texture of okra was the culprit.
So if you are one of them who didn’t like okra because of its sticky, slimy texture or if you are bored of the same bhindi masala, then do try this recipe and you will definitely love it.
Preparation Time: 10mins ∏ Cooking Time: 20mins ∏ Servings: 2-3 person
Level: Beginners (Easy) ∏ Measurement: 1 Cup ≡ 250 ml ≡ 250gm
How to make Kurkuri Bhindi:Step1: Wash and dry bhindi. Then wipe them dry with a paper towel. Or you can spread them on a big kitchen towel or plate and let them dry naturally. The bhindi should be completely dry before proceeding further.
- The bhindi should be completely dry so pat dry each okra with a paper towel or dry them overnight.
- Line all okra slices in a single layer on air fryer basket with space between each okra slice. This is important, don’t overcrowd the basket. You must line all the slices in a single layer with some space between each slice.
- While deep frying heat the oil properly. Never fry them at low temperatures. To check the oil is medium hot or not, drop one slice of bhindi in hot oil and if it comes upward immediately then the oil is ready. If it doesn’t come on the surface immediately, oil is not hot enough
- While air-frying I added some oil to the besan paste because we were air-frying this. But If you are going to deep fry this, you can just skip the oil in the marination.
- Serve the kurkuri bhindi immediately after air-frying for crispy taste.