Air Fried Crispy Chickpeas are a crunchy, delicious, easy appetizer for kids as well as for adults. They’re absolutely addicting! The best healthy snack just got even better and we are Air-frying them and You only need a few ingredients for this healthy, high protein snacks. I love cooking and I like my food to be delicious and full of protein and kid-friendly so that my son will be happy to gobble up!
Preparation Time: 2mins ∏ Cooking Time: 15min ∏ Servings: 2 persons
Level: Beginners (Easy) ∏ Measurement: 1 Cup ≡ 250 ml ≡ 250gm
- 1 cup overnight soaked chickpeas (or canned chickpeas)
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder(optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
How to make Air-fried Crispy Chickpeas:
Step1: Soak the chickpeas in enough water for atleast 8 hours or overnight. Alternatively you may use canned chickpeas.
Step2: After you drain and rinse the chickpeas, gently pat them dry with paper towels. We want to remove as much moisture as possible form the chickpeas, which will help make them crispy.
Step3: Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and gently toss with oil. If you want to use even less oil spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet and use an olive oil spray to lightly and evenly coat the chickpeas. Then sprinkle the chickpeas with oil, salt, garlic powder, red chilly powder, garlic powder and lemon juice.
Step4: Transfer the chickpeas to the air fryer basket, being sure not to crowd the fryer basket. If you have a small air fryer, you may want to air fry chickpeas in batches.
Step5: Set the air fryer at 400Deg F and set the 12-15 minutes. Halfway through cooking, gently shake the basket or use a wooden spoon to carefully stir the chickpeas, which will ensure even air frying.
Step6: Test a chickpea after 15mins to see if it’s done. It will be completely dry and crisp with no moisture in the center. Continue cooking as needed until the chickpeas are completely dry and crunchy.
Once they’re brown and crispy, transfer to a plate and let cool slightly, then enjoy!
- After 10 mins keep an eye on the chickpea to avoid burning.
- Depending upon the air-fryer size you make cook them in batches, do not over crowed them.
- I seasoned these with a little sprinkle of salt, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin powder, chilly powder, but you could also season them with a sprinkle of chat masala or your favorite seasoning.
- Let them cool completely before storing.These can be stored in a ziplock bag or airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3-4 days.
- If you are using canned chickpeas draining the chickpeas. Make sure they are fully drained and patted completely dry.