Beetroot chips are the perfect guilt-free snack everyone with love packed with essential nutrients. They are so crispy and are incredibly flavorful. Good news for the people who don’t like eating beetroot, trust me you wont believe that you are eating beetroot. Totally a different way to use up some beets. They will be tasting as good as potato chips.
The bright red color of beets, signifies all of the nutrients they contain. The more colorful vegetables and fruits are the more nutritious they are, which is why the saying goes “eat the rainbow”. Beets are one of the healthiest superfoods and contain a lot of nutrition.
One day, I saw the beets in my refrigerator and was thinking, What can I make with them besides just making beetroot paratha, roasting them and throwing them into a salad? Then, it hit me! Chips!!! Crispy baked beet chips!!!
Initially I prepared only a small batch just to know how it tastes after air-frying and when I saw the end result I was very much surprised. My toddler son came in the kitchen and asked me for chips so I showed him the bowl. He picked one chips and started munching and went to play again. And to my surprise within 1 min he came back and asked me for more chips and in a matter 10-15 mins he finished all of them. Now he requests these all the time and I love to make them.
Preparation Time: 5mins ∏ Cooking Time: 20-25min ∏ Servings:2 persons
Level: Beginners (Easy) ∏ Measurement: 1 Cup ≡ 250 ml ≡ 250gm
- 2 medium size beetroot
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
How to make Beetroot Chips:
Step1: Peel and slice the beets. Now, you can either peel them or leave the skin on, that is up to you. I prefer peeling them since my kids are not fond of the skin.
Step2: I used a slicer to slice the beets pretty thin like chips, but you can also use a sharp knife. Make sure to cut them into even sizes and thickness. I went for about 1/16th inch thick. They should curl up a little after you slice them.
Step3: Toss sliced beets, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let them sit for about 10 minutes. This will allow even more moisture to release from the beets, which will result in super crispy chips.
Step4:Then, place them in the air-fryer basket in a single layer and cook them at 330Deg F(165deg C) for 20-25mins.
Step5: After every 5 mins shake the basket so that they will turn crispy from all sides. This is how it looks after 15mins.
Step6: Cook them until they turns super crispy. Watch them, so they don’t burn. Sprinkle with additional salt and chat masala, if desired.
Remove, serve warm and Enjoy!!!!
- Make sure to slice the beets as thinly as you can, or they will not get crispy.
- I prefer to leave the skin on the beets, but you could peel them before slicing, if desired.
- After 20 mins keep an eye on chips to avoid burning.
- You can use red or yellow beets in this recipe.
- Depending upon the air-fryer size you make cook them in batches, do not over crowed them.
- I seasoned these with a little sprinkle of salt and pepper, but you could also season them with a sprinkle of chat masala or your favorite seasoning.
- These beet chips can be stored in a ziplock bag or airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days.