Air Fried Garlic Corn is one of the sweetest parts of summer, and there are so many ways to enjoy corn, whether it’s right on the cob or in a dish or salads. When it comes to cooking corn on the cob, there are many ways to tackle the job, from boiling to steaming, roasting and grilling. We grill just about anything and everything we can get our hands on during the summertime, and fresh corn is one of our favorites.
In our kitchen, we don’t have flame stove top so I always miss the grilled corn and If you don’t want to heat up the grill or oven for just a corn or two, air fryer is the way to go!. This way I can save my time and energy consumption. Cooking corn in the air fryer is easy, quick and oh so delicious. Air fried corn on the cob is amazing.
Preparation Time: 2mins ∏ Cooking Time: 20min ∏ Servings: 2persons
Level: Beginners (Easy) ∏ Measurement: 1 Cup ≡ 250 ml ≡ 250gm
- 1-2 sweet corn
- FInely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh coriander(optional)
How to make Air fried Garlic Corn:
Step1: Remove the husks of the corn and clean the stalk’s tassels. Break them in parts are per your convenience. Now using a brush apply some oil on the surface of the corn. You may also use an oil spray.
Step2: Then, place them in the air-fryer basket and air fry at 400Deg F for 20minutes, flipping half way.
Step3: In the meanwhile, take butter in a bowl and add fresh garlic, lemon juice and heat it in a microwave or stovetop for 30 sec.
Step4: After every 5 mins shake the basket so that they will turn crispy from all sides. This is how it looks after 10 mins
Step5: Now using oil brush, apply butter garlic mixture all around the corn, and let it cook until kernels are tender and lightly browned for around 10mins or until they turns charred. Watch them, so they don’t burn.
Step6: After 20-25mins, once the corn is perfectly charred from all sides carefully take them out.
Step7: While the corn is still warm slather with additional butter, salt, and pepper if desired. Squeeze lime juice over the corn. Season with chili powder and serve with extra lime wedges.
- You may add more than 1 corn ear in air-fryer depending upon the size of your air-fryer, just add two minutes to the cooking time for each additional ear, though do check it periodically to avoid overcooking
- Always use the freshest corn you can find to have the sweetest, plumpest cooked cobs.
- When corn is overcooked it can become chewy because the longer heat breaks down the corn’s cell walls and the sugars take over, leading the kernels to lose their crunch.